Table of Contents
- Buying guide
- Best Action Cameras for Skiing and Snowboarding 2020
- AKASO V50 Pro Native 4K30fps 20MP WiFi Action Camera with EIS Touch Screen 100 feet Waterproof Camera Web Camera Support External Mic Remote Control Sports Camera with Helmet Accessories Kit
- GoPro HERO5 Black Waterproof Digital Action Camera w/ 4K HD Video & 12MP Photo (Renewed)
- GoPro Hero 7 (White) Action Camera with GoPro Adventure Kit Essential Bundle
- Campark X20 4K Action Camera 20MP with EIS Touch Screen Remote Control Waterproof Camera 30M 170° Adjustable View Angle 2 Batteries and Accessories Kit Compatible with GoPro
- Crosstour CT9500 Real 4K Action Camera Underwater Camera (4K 20MP WiFi Underwater 40M Waterproof Anti-Shake Helmet Camera 2 1350mAh Batteries)
- Neewer G1 Ultra HD 4K Action Camera Kit Includes 98 ft Underwater Waterproof Camera 16MP 4K/30FPS 170 Degree Wide Angle WiFi Sports Cam High-tech Sensor with Remote/Battery and 50-in-1 Accessory Kit
- REMALI CaptureCam 4K Ultra HD and 12MP Waterproof Sports Action Camera Kit with Carrying Case, 3 Batteries, Dual Battery Charger, 2” LCD Screen, WiFi, Remote Control, and 21 Mounts and Accessories
- APEMAN A100 Touch Screen Real 4K/50FPS Action Camera WiFi 20MP Waterproof Camera Underwater 40M with EIS Remote Control and 2x1350mAh Batteries, for Yutube/Vlog Videos
There is nothing more thrilling than going down a beautiful snow-capped slope at the highest speed. What could possibly be more thrilling is reliving the experience when in the comfort of your home? This is made possible by the myriad of cameras specifically designed for the adventurous individual of action.
||AKASO V50 Pro Native Action Camera||4.5|
||GoPro Hero 5 Action Camera||4.6|
||GoPro Hero 7 Action Camera||4.8|
||Campark X20 4K Action Camera||4.0|
||Crosstour CT 9500 Action Camera||4.0|
||Neewer G1 Ultra HD 4K Action Camera||4.0|
||Remali 4K Sports Action Camera||4.2|
||Apeman Native 4K Action Camera||4.1|
In this article we will look at important features you should be on the lookout for when in the market for an action camera for skiing and snowboarding. Then we will review some of the best action cameras out there.
There are quite a number of action cameras in the market for skiers and snowboarders and you can easily get intimidated by the number of options. Look out for an action camera that you can afford and has at least these features:
The strength of a camera lies in its resolution. The higher the resolution, the sharper and clearer your image will be. Good cameras have above 10-megapixel cameras, able to give you crystal clear images of your slope and the surroundings. This way you will feel like you are back on the slope even when you are seated at home on your couch.
Zipping down a slope is not the smoothest of motion and the quality of your images may suffer, giving you blurry, out of focus images. Image stabilization features are important in order for you to avoid that, and it is one of the features you should ensure in your new camera.
A good camera is waterproof and is able to withstand even the sharpest weather conditions without getting destroyed. You should look out for waterproof cameras as these give you greater versatility. Whether the camera is in itself waterproof or if it comes with a waterproof casing, you will be able to shoot from high up in the mountains and deep underwater without missing a moment.
Great battery life is one of the most important features in an action camera. This is because you want to have the freedom to explore and capture everything in sight without being tied to one room close to a power socket. Many cameras come with batteries with more than 1000 mAh. Others come with exchangeable batteries in order to give you that extra boost.
Best Action Cameras for Skiing and Snowboarding 2020
1. AKASO V50 Pro Native Action Camera
This camera comes with powerful features, making it one of the best action cameras for skiing. Images taken with this camera have a resolution of up to 20 megapixels, giving you clear and high-quality images even in bad weather conditions. It has 4 view angles: Super Wide, Wide, Medium and Narrow. This way you get to choose the angle best suited to the terrain in order to get the best view of your surroundings.
This ski helmet camera was designed for a person on the move, with a 6 axis gyroscope that detects any change in position and senses any motions. The in-built image stabilization ensures that your videos and pictures are not blurry, giving you high definition images even when streaming on high-resolution devices like TV sets. There is also a feature that calibrates image distortion in order to give you the best possible images.
It is easy to connect this camera to your TV or laptop. You can connect it to your phone or tablet through the iSmart Pro+ app that lets you view your camera images on these devices. This way you can easily share those captured moments on social media. You can also connect your HDMI cable to the in-built HDMI port to stream the images and videos on your TV set.
- In-built image stabilizer for clear images
- High resolution for greater image detail
- 4 levels of view angle to suit any environment
- Connects to phone or tablet through an app
- In-built HDMI port to stream on TV
- Can only support up to 32GB SD card
2. GoPro Hero 5 Action Camera
This camera was made for a person of action who does not want a complicated camera to carry around. It can be operated with just one button which takes clear 4K images with up to 12-megapixel resolution. This gives you in-depth images under any conditions, a must for any skier. This camera is also waterproof, allowing you to dive up to 33 ft (10 m) below the surface of the water without protecting your camera and be assured of no damage to your device.
The GoPro Hero 5 features is an action camera with image stabilization technology so that you get clear images even when you are speeding down a ski slope. The in-built microphones give you crystal-clear audio so that you can add a commentary to your videos and be assured of getting the best sound quality when watching it afterward.
The editing features on this camera are superb, allowing you to playback your videos, change settings in order to make them more appealing, and trim them to the desired length without extra software and devices. Images on your GoPro Hero 5 are uploaded to your cloud account so that you can view them on any device at your leisure.
- Image stabilization for sharp images
- In-built video editor
- Easy to operate
- Powerful microphones for clear audio
- Waterproof up to 33 ft (10 m) depth
- Uploads videos to cloud storage for easy access
- Refurbished units might experience battery problems
3. GoPro Hero 7 Action Camera
This is one of the best skiing cameras, built for movement and designed to endure any conditions. It is rugged, with a rubber casing that protects the camera from bumps that could be experienced when skiing or snowboarding. The images taken by this camera have a 10-megapixel resolution, producing sharp, clear images under any conditions.
The GoPro Hero 7 shoots high definition videos with 1080 p, able to stream with larger devices like TVs without sacrificing on the quality of your images. The Hero 7 has in-built image stabilization features to give you sharp images even when you shake when skiing or snowboarding. Designed for the social adventurer, this camera features a vertical mode that is most suitable for social media uploads.
The Hero 7 is waterproof, allowing you to dive up to 33 ft (10 m) underwater without worrying about your camera. It is also designed with an intuitive 2 inches touchscreen which reduces the fumbling that is common with most button-operated cameras. There is a timer feature that allows you to take that perfect selfie with your friends. Footage can be transformed into short, fun videos with the QuikStories feature, ready for uploading on any social media page.
- Waterproof up to 33 ft (10 m) underwater
- Takes sharp 10 MP images
- Vertical mode compatible with social media sites
- Rubberized rugged casing to protect the camera
- Intuitive touchscreen for easy viewing and editing
- Additional accessories need double-checking for quality
4. Campark X20 4K Action Camera
This camera packs a 20-megapixel resolution, making it one of the best helmet cameras for skiing and snowboarding. The 4K resolution gives you clear, sharp images that you can view on larger devices like TVs without compromising on the quality. The camera has an in-built Sony sensor for those great images everyone loves.
The Campark X20 is also one of the best waterproof action cameras, allowing you to dive up to 98 ft (30 m) underwater without worrying about your camera being damaged. Whether you are skiing, snowboarding or deep diving, the Campark X20 will give you sharp images with its in-built image stabilizer.
The 2 inches touchscreen allows you to quickly view and edit your images without struggling with bulky buttons. Further, the X20 can be remote-controlled, making it possible for you to control your camera even when you are on the move. Built for the social adventurer, the Campark X20 integrates with the CamKing app on your phone or tablet to give you the ability to view your images anywhere, any time.
- Sony sensor for sharp images
- Waterproof up to 98 ft (30 m) underwater
- In-built electronic image stabilization
- Remote control for easy camera control
- Integrates with an app for viewing images on any device
- Manual may be difficult for non-professionals to figure out
5. Crosstour CT 9500 Action Camera
This is one of the best budget action cameras and for a good reason. The CT9500 takes high-resolution 4K videos and high-quality images of 20-megapixel resolution. You get the best quality shots under any circumstances with the in-built Electronic Image Stabilization feature that handles the shakes you experience when skiing or snowboarding.
Built for the versatile user, the CT 9500 has a waterproof case that allows you to dive up to 130 ft (40 m) deep in order to take amazing videos of underwater life. This camera also has 3 view angles: narrow, medium and wide. These angles are easy to switch through in order to get the perfect shot of the scene. Furthermore, the different camera modes like the burst photo mode capture all the important moments and gives you the option of picking and retaining the best one.
Built for the social sportsperson, the CT 9500 connects to a Wi-Fi network that is up to 33 ft (10 m) away. This way you can connect to the YUTUPRO app on your phone in order to view and share your images with friends and family. The camera also allows you to stream your images on larger devices like TVs in order to see those memorable moments in higher resolution.
- 20-megapixel image resolution
- The waterproof casing protects the camera up to 130 ft (40 m) deep
- Multiple view angles and modes to capture the perfect shot
- Connects to Wi-Fi network and phone app to allow image sharing
- Does not have a touchscreen feature
6. Neewer G1 Ultra HD 4K Action Camera
Another budget camera, the Neewer G1, is one of the best cameras under 100 USD. It is a great investment at a considerably affordable cost. This camera features professional-level quality, taking 4K videos compatible with high-resolution TV sets. The images are also high-quality, with 12-megapixel resolution accompanied by high-tech sensors to give you a sharp, clear image.
The Neewer G1 has multiple modes, with a driving mode suitable for taking videos when on the move, and continuous shooting mode and a time-lapse mode that allows you to set yourself up for the perfect shot. These modes are easy to switch through in order to get the perfect image when skiing or snowboarding. This is aided by the handy 2 inches screen that allows you to review your images quickly.
This camera has great underwater capabilities, allowing you to dive while protecting the camera’s lens with a waterproof casing. The Neewer G1 connects to the Wi-Fi range of up to 50 ft (15 m), and to the Ex iCam app on your phone. This way you can view and upload your images on any social media site so that your friends and family can be part of the fun.
- Waterproof casing for underwater shooting
- 4K resolution videos
- 12 megapixel, clear and sharp images
- Multiple modes to suit any shooting needs
- Connects to Wi-Fi and phone app for easy image sharing
- Assembling the kit may be a bit difficult for non-professionals
7. Remali 4K Sports Action Camera
This incredible camera has superb capabilities, making it one of the best budget action cameras. It comes packed with high video and image resolutions. It has high picture resolutions of 12 megapixels to give you clear, sharp images. The video quality is also high, featuring 4K resolution that can be viewed in either 720 p or 1080 p HD. The in-built image stabilization technology makes sure that the shakes you experience when snowboarding do not affect the image.
This camera can handle a memory SD card up to 32 GB in size so that you can take as many pictures and videos as you like. The several picture modes packed into this camera give you up to 170-degree ultra-wide-angle view so that you can capture the whole scenery without sacrificing on quality. You can also take photos in single shots or in cluster shots for multiple photos at once. There is an in-built timer so that you can best time your photos.
The Remali 4K Sports Action Camera can be remote-controlled, giving you greater flexibility. This way you can set your camera at the desired angle and control it easily with the remote as you speed down a slope. The camera comes with a waterproof casing that allows you to dive up to 98 ft (30 m) below water in order to get the perfect shot. You can share the videos and images on social media simply by connecting the camera to a Wi-Fi and to a phone app.
- Waterproof casing for underwater capturing
- Image stabilization for sharper images
- Remote controlled for versatile shooting
- Ultra wide-angle shooting mode for a wider field of view
- Battery drains quickly in the 4K mode
8. Apeman Native 4K Action Camera
The size of this camera should not fool you. It packs powerful features, starting with the large 1350 mAh battery designed to withstand extreme shooting conditions. It has powerful image resolution, taking up to 20-megapixel pictures and 4K resolution videos. You can shoot your videos even when 130 ft (40 m) underwater, your camera is protected by a waterproof case.
Designed to give you the best picture quality possible, the Apeman Native 4K Action Camera comes with amazing AWB, EV and ISO effects in order to fine-tune the lighting of your image. Several shooting modes like the Scenery Mode, Time Lapse Mode or Burst Mode give you multiple options so that you can set your camera up for that perfect shot.
The camera is outfitted with an HDMI port to which you can attach an HDMI cable so that you can view your photos and images on a bigger screen with your loved ones. You can also upload your images on social media sites by connecting the camera to the YUTUPRO app on your phone.
- 20 MP image resolution
- HDMI port to stream videos on TV
- Multiple shooting modes for the best videos and images
- Integrates with a phone app for uploading to social media
- The battery becomes hot at maximum settings
There are many cameras built for skiers and snowboarders. In this article, we have reviewed only the best cameras out there, with ranging resolutions, view angles, and waterproof capabilities. Remote controlled cameras give you greater versatility for shooting, allowing you to set the camera up and do your moves without missing a shot. You do not have to break the bank in order to get the best camera since several of them sell for under 100 USD. You will not go wrong with picking one, or two cameras from our selection of the best cameras for skiing and snowboarding.