Table of Contents
- What’s there to be considered before going for snow tubing?
- Features of the snow tube
- Caution tips
- Best Snow Tubes. The Ones that Go Fast and Last 2021
- Slippery Racer Grande XL Commercial Inflatable Snow Tube Sled – Purple
- Bradley Snow Tube with 50″ Cover | Heavy Duty Inflatable Sledding Tubes (Blue)
- Bradley Multi-Rider Snow Tube with 60″ Orange Cover | Heavy Duty Snow Tube | Truck Tube
- Lucky Bums Youth Adult Rugged 48″ Full Wrap Inflatable Snow Sled
- Trans American Swim and Snow Adventure Tube (L (40″))
- Slippery Racer Airdual Inflatable Snow Tube Sled, Blue
- Tricam BT-45 Inflatable Swim and Snow Tube, 45-Inch, Black
- A-DUDU Snow Tube – Super Big 47 Inch Inflatable Snow Sled for Kids and Adults – Heavy Duty Inflatable Snow Tube Made by Thickening Material of 0.6mm
Winter is here and you are probably thinking about what to do around this time. If you are the risk-averse type who doesn’t want to expose yourself too much to the highly risky winter sports but still want to enjoy the thrill of snow-covered slopes, you may as well consider snow tubing. Snow tubing has been there since the 18th century and is one of the most fun-filled winter sport that is not too aggressive for children. This makes it a good option if you are planning for activities that involve the entire family during winter.
||Slippery Racer Grande XL Commercial Inflatable Snow Tube Sled||4.9|
||Bradley Heavy Duty Snow Tube with 50″ Cover||4.3|
||Bradley Multi-Rider Snow Tube with 57″ Cover||4.7|
||Lucky Bums Youth Adult Rugged 48″ Full Wrap Inflatable Snow Sled||4.3|
||Tube In A Box the Original Swim and Snow Tube||4.7|
||Slippery Racer Airdual Inflatable Snow Tube Sled||4.6|
||Tricam BT-45 Inflatable Swim and Snow Tube||4.1|
||A-DUDU Super Big 47 Inch Inflatable Snow Tube||4.5|
Firstly, you do not need to be well skilled to engage in this sport. All you need is a good snow tube, the appropriate apparel, and the oomph to slide downhill. What remains is to learn some few fundamentals on the go. Even so, snow tubing is not completely out of risks so you still need to exercise some caution. The best snow tubes are those that have been designed to double up as a floater for summer tubing.
What’s there to be considered before going for snow tubing?
- Snow amount and quality. Snow is the number one factor that you should consider before all other factors. Fresh thick powder that has not been ventured on needs a wider inflatable snow sled because a narrow tube will easily sink in. The latter can safely be used on grounds with packed down snow.
- Safety. Snow tubing can be fun but if you are tubing down a run with barriers like trees, boulders, and other objects it becomes very risky. Check out the bottom to see if the run is long enough for you to make stops.
Features of the snow tube
- Material. Snow tubes are made with a wide range of materials including rubber, and nylon. Whatever your choice, the material needs to be tough and flexible. Some will come with a protective liner to prevent them from puncturing easily. The heavy-duty models are usually designed to withstand frequent heavy use on rugged terrain often with a tough double stitched cover.
- Design. Most snow tubes are donut-shaped. However, you may come across others that are disk-shaped. These tubes usually have a synthetic covering with handles, sometimes two sets of handles, on either side so the user(s) can have something to hold on to when gliding down the slope. If it is a towable snow tube, it will be designed with a hook for attaching the tow line. Donut shaped tubes can either be hollow with a removable bottom liner or have a depression at the center to allow the rider to glide on snow smoothly without dragging uncomfortably on the snow. The former is obviously more flexible for use in water during summer.
- It is better and much safer to sit on a sled than to lie on it. This is to prevent your apparel from getting into contact with the tubes as elements like zips can easily puncture the tube.
- It is always a good idea to use an air pump with a pressure gauge to inflate the tube. This way, you will not inflate the tube beyond its capacity.
- Snow tubes are not designed with controls meaning that they are bound to pick up speed downhill. For this reason, it is safer for you to choose a run without trees, boulders, or other objects that may endanger your life.
- Be sure to store your tube well so that it doesn’t get caught up between objects that may tear it.
Best Snow Tubes. The Ones that Go Fast and Last 2021
These 7 snow tubes stand out as the best in features, design, or performance. Check out what makes them tick.
1. Slippery Racer Grande XL Commercial Inflatable Snow Tube Sled
Tough durable construction, innovative design, and everybody’s best is the three things that strike you at first glance at the Grande Commercial inflatable snow tube. This specific model is extra large in size measuring 42 inches in diameter but can be used by both children and adults. It is actually a heavy-duty industrial grade tire tube with a polyethylene base that has been layered with the abrasion-resistant impact-absorbing slick coat giving it a smooth surface for easy gliding.
Further on, Slippery Racer’s own Ice Vex treatment on this snow tube makes it resistant and easy to handle in extremely cold conditions. Grande XL snow tube comes with heavy-duty handles and a pulley tow, both featuring double stitch hence the strength required to bear a heavy load. For safety, this tube has been designed with an easily inflatable/deflatable cover.
2. Bradley Heavy Duty Snow Tube with 50″ Cover
A larger heavy-duty snow tube this is. It measures 50 inches in diameter inflated. The Bradley heavy-duty snow tube is pretty tough and sturdy too. With mildew and UV resistant top made of 600D polyester canvas and a heavy-duty bottom made of the tough slick industrial vinyl material that is resistant to cold, this tube comes with 200 lb of tensile strength and will certainly hold up through years of rough use. The tube itself is the tough 100% butyl rubber truck tube.
It comes with two handles attached on either side for easy handling and an integrated tow-loop and buckled strap to secure the tube to the cover. If you love tubing, the Bradley heavy-duty snow tube is definitely a must consider. This tube, unlike other ordinary tubes, is very safe to use thanks to its shorter tube valves. Finally, with the deflate/inflate valve, you don’t need a valve stem remover kit.
3. Bradley Multi-Rider Snow Tube with 57″ Cover
This 50-inch snow tube, just as its name suggests, has been designed for more than one user. When deflated the tube measures 57 inches. It comes with a durable vinyl top and a heavy-duty slick industrial vinyl bottom that has been integrated with the innovative RapideGlide Technology to give it the 425 lb tensile strength that it needs to bear human weight and the smoothness it takes to glide fast and easily on the snow.
This tube has been designed with two handles and a tow strap to help you effortlessly pull your tube up the hill. This tube comes with a valve stem remover kit located in the valve cap for deflating and inflating the tube. Bradley takes care of tastes and preferences by offering tubes in a wide range of colors so that you can have your very best. The inside tube can double up as a floater for water sports during summer. Bear in mind, however, that this tube should not be towed behind a motorized vehicle.
4. Lucky Bums Youth Adult Rugged 48″ Full Wrap Inflatable Snow Sled
This is a 48-inch all-completely heavy-duty snow tube with a heavy-duty tube made of K80 material, a heavy-duty base made of 1000D plastic that is coated, along with a tough 600D polyester cover. Take it to any of your rides, even the very rugged ones and be sure it will stand the test of time and hold up pretty well in cold conditions.
In addition to tough construction, the Rugged Full-Wrap Snow tube comes with two padded handles on either side to give you a place to hold on to and quite comfortably at that. This tube has been fitted with an anti-flow insert valve that works to inflate or deflate in an instant. A notable advantage, this tube folds compact for space-saving storage and easy transportation.
5. Tube In A Box the Original Swim and Snow Tube
Looking for a family snow tube? The Monster Lake Tube designed by Tube In A Box makes a great option. It is 68-inches in diameter, which explains why it is even called the monster. More than this, it is one tough tube you’ll have no worries taking your family down the slope on it. If you are well versed in the tubing, even better for you because this snow tube is built for the expert.
The inner tube is made of an extremely tough and durable commercial-grade rubber, with UV protection and excellent tear-resistant properties. The Monster Lake Tube comes with a rubber valve stem and cap to keep you as safe from scratch and such other injuries. A noteworthy advantage with this tube is that it doubles up as a pool cover pillow and fits well among commercial snow tubes.
6. Slippery Racer Airdual Inflatable Snow Tube Sled
This snow tube is built for 2 riders. It measures 60 inches and is incredibly tough thanks to the durable high-quality material used in making it. The heavy-duty slick base lets you slide smoothly downhill and will give you some useful years of service before finally wearing out. The tube itself is made of tough PVC and has been designed with 4 reinforced grips for each of the two riders to hold on to on either side.
The tube comes with high-quality ice vex coating making it a good option for extreme temperatures so you can ride without being affected.
7. Tricam BT-45 Inflatable Swim and Snow Tube
Need a tube for both winter and summer sport? The BT-45 inflatable snow tube by Tricam presents the best option. Use it for tubing during winter and floating on water during summer and you are good to go. And because you will use it more often, this 45-inch tube has been built to live through frequent use with a tough, tear-proof rubber material.
It comes with a valve stem also coated with rubber and has been designed in a way that it will not interfere with the tube as you use it. This tube has a capacity rating of 250 lb and can be used by both children and adults.
8. A-DUDU Super Big 47 Inch Inflatable Snow Tube
A-DUDU’s snow tube comes upgraded with even better features to make it more durable and dependable. Compared to the previous model, the upgraded snow tube, made of 0.6 mm thick K80 PVC with PVC coating is tougher and can withstand temperatures as low as -40° F/C. With a capacity of 500 lb, this snow tube is more resistant to punctures. At 47 inches diameter, this snow tube is larger than others in its category and can be used comfortably by both children and adults.
It features a streamlined circle designed with stunning patterns so that you and your kids will be both safe and boosted for your next tubing adventure. What’s more, the reinforced safety handles offers you a sure grab-on when things get a little tough. Inflation and deflation is fast and simple. Pump air through the 3-in-one valve which seals safely thanks to the double lock.
There is a huge variety of snow tubes in the market. The best is the one that will fit your specific needs and preference. All the same, they need to be comfortable, safe, and of course fun to ride on. Check that the tubing and the cover material is tough enough to hold through your tubing style, ground, and frequency. If you can get a puncture-proof material for its bottom, the better for you. This is because it will not only keep you safe from injury, it will also give you several years of useful service. A good snow tube sled is tough, durable, and also flexible enough to accommodate your moves and veers.